Tue, Sep 12|
Jaguar Land Rover Visitor Centre
Jaguar Land Rover Visit - Experience Operational Excellence
Not your regular Factory Tour! Whether you are already using Lean or just starting your Lean journey, go behind the scenes at the home of Jaguar to see Operational Excellence in action.
Time & Location
Sep 12, 2023, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Jaguar Land Rover Visitor Centre, Jaguar Visitor Centre Gate, 1 Chester Rd, Castle Vale, Birmingham B35 7RA, UK
About the course
Go behind the scenes of Castle Bromwich, the home of Jaguar, to see our state-of-the-art production facility with our guided tour and discover how the operation has developed from manufacturing Spitfire aeroplanes during the 1940s to today's iconic supercars.
Delegates will gain an exclusive insight into the best-in-class manufacturing practices adopted by Jaguar Land Rover. The visits will be hosted by members of the senior management team who discuss both the process and management challenges they faced in the journey to becoming a centre of excellence.
The visit is ideal for companies that are in the early stages of their lean journey or those who wish to gain a better understanding of what operational excellence looks like in practice. It provides valuable lessons on how to lead a lean improvement programme and foster a continuous improvement culture.
Benefits of attendance include:
- Learn the what and the how of continuous improvement.
- Avoid the common pitfalls of continuous improvement initiatives to ensure project success and maximise business benefits.
- Immediate transfer of knowledge from a class-leading manufacturer back into the business.
- Access to leading manufacturing professionals for help and advice on current challenges.
- Opportunity to network with other manufacturers and share best practices.
- During the day, delegates will tour the operation to see the application of lean techniques in practice.
Visit itinerary for the day:
- 10:00–10:30 – Arrival and refreshments
- 10:30-12:00 – Factory tour
- 12:00-12:30 – Talk from JLR
- 12:30-13:15 - Lunch
- 13:15-15:00 - Q&A Session with Tour Hosts and wrap up/key observations session with Manufacturers Network
Best Practice Visit£345.00Tax: +£69.00 VAT+£10.35 service fee